This is a review of how March 2021 went with my matched betting and casino offers. For anyone reading my posts for the first time, it is always worth stating a great chunk of very easy to win money by simply completing all the bookmaker sign up offers. Because I completed these many moons ago, my updates detail what you do after the easiest offers to make a consistent profit.
I took the foot off the gas a little in March due to working on various other things. I knew I would have the opportunity to turn a good monthly profit quite easily to free up some time for other things. This is because March brings the matched bettors biggest 4 days, the Cheltenham Festival! For those who don’t know much about horse racing, the Cheltenham Festival is the biggest four-day jump racing event of the year.
It is watched by people all around the world. The very best horses come together to fight it out in the biggest jump races of the year. Both money and pride are on offer for horses, jockeys, trainers and owners. These four days bring a massive amount of bookmaker offers, free bets, and various reloads and incentives for matched bettors.
So in March, I made £1,082.99 profit working from half an hour to an hour most days and then 4 pretty hefty full time days over the Cheltenham Festival. I was hoping to get around £1,500 but didn’t have the best of luck with gathering free bets. Still very happy with anything over £1k for a month!
As above, you can see my results. I definitely could have done a lot more in March, but it was nice to hit a decent total and then get on with other things. My PPB (Profit per bet) was £3.70. The 11 casino offers I went for all had a decent EV (expected value), but almost all of them went a good deal better than the expected value, which was a great help out. It is worth noting with the casino offers that even small ones can come up trumps. For example, I won 50p to spend on a live casino game with Betfair and made £53 profit!
Highlights from March
- BetMcLean had a great offer running during the Cheltenham Festival. This was up to a £25 free bet if 2nd in all races over the four days. I hit several of these to turn a great profit!
- Mansionbet had an offer of paying you as a winner if 2nd in the first race each day through Cheltenham. I came second twice, so this offer went great for me.
- William Hill £10 cash if 2nd. Again my second places came in handy with plenty of cashing here.
- ThePools ran various incentives to get free bets throughout Cheltenham. Some of these were pretty easy to hit for a low qualifying loss.
- Paddy Power gave several free bets with no strings attached
- Betfair ran an offer to build up £50 of free bets before Cheltenham starting. This was a great start for day 1
- StarSports ran a big offer to get half your average bet size in free bets after Cheltenham if you bet at least once on Cheltenham each day. This was up to £250
- Many odds boosts were available from multiple bookmakers throughout the month as usual. These generally tend to give small but instant profits, and they definitely add up!